Visit our new website
You are currently viewing the old West Mercia Police website where you can continue to use the Community Message Service (CMS). Click the link to return to our new site
Visit our new website
Search Site

Leave page quickly

Do you wish to report that you have been a victim of a crime?

If you've been the victim of a crime, you should report it to the police straight away. Your information could be used to prevent other crimes and help keep other people safe from harm. There are different ways of reporting a crime.

In an emergency always dial 999

If you've been robbed, badly hurt, or attacked in any way, or if you've just seen a serious crime being committed, then you should ring 999 as soon as possible.

Your call should be answered within 10 seconds. A trained staff member will ask you to describe what has happened and where you are. They may ask if you need any other emergency services, such as an ambulance.

If the situation is an emergency, a police officer will come to the scene to talk to you. They'll ask you to explain what happened, and they can help you decide what to do next.

Report non-emergency crimes

If you want to report a minor crime, such as a stolen mobile phone, you could go to your nearest police station to report it, or call Warwickshire Police or West Mercia Police by dialling 101.

101 is for reporting crime and other concerns that do not require an emergency response. For example, if:

  • Your car has been stolen
  • Your property has been damaged
  • You suspect drug use or dealing in your neighbourhood

Or to:

  • Report a minor traffic collision
  • Give information about crime in your area
  • Make a general enquiry

How to report crime online

You can also report a crime online to Warwickshire Police and West Mercia Police by clicking .

Reporting a crime anonymously

If you want to report a crime, but you do not want to be identified to the police, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Crimestoppers will ask questions about the crime you have information on but will never ask questions about you. If you are at all concerned your call could be traced, reassure yourself by dialling 141 before 0800 555 111, which blocks your phone number. Or use a phone box - it's free. Because Crimestoppers is an 0800 number, calls are free from a landline and don't show up on a BT or cable phone bill.

Alternatively, you can report a crime online anonymously with Crimestoppers.

How to report anti-social behaviour

The first step is to speak to members of your local neighbourhood policing team. To find the contact details of your local neighbourhood policing team please enter your postcode or town in the search below.

loading icon

These teams work closely with residents to help stop anti-social behaviour, so they need to know what's happening in your area. They can provide support and advice, and help you decide how to handle the situation. If you and your neighbour are tenants of a social landlord (the council or a housing association), you can also report it to your landlord.

If the anti-social behaviour is affecting your quality of life, or making you fear for your safety or the safety of others, contact your local police station directly. Staff working there will help you file a complaint.

If the problem is noise-related, your local council could become involved, as councils, rather than police, often deal with noise problems.

How to report a hate crime

The police and the courts treat hate crime very seriously. Hate crime is upsetting for victims and their friends and families, and creates hatred in communities.

Hate crime is any crime that is targeted at a person or group of people because of prejudice or hostility about:

  • Race - including culture, nationality and language
  • Religion and belief
  • Sexual orientation
  • Transgender identity - including anyone who is transsexual, transgender, transvestite or who holds a Gender Recognition Certificate
  • Disability - including physical or mental impairment, or learning disabilities

The police will treat hate crime as a priority. The courts can also impose a more severe sentence than for a similar crime with no hate motive.

If you think you've been a victim of hate crime, you should report it to us as soon as possible.

By reporting it when it happens to you, you may be able to prevent it happening to someone else. You will also help the police understand the extent of hate crime in your local area so they can respond to it better.

If you do not want to go direct to the police, you can also report the crime online at

How do I report fraud?

You can report a fraud to Action Fraud any time of the day or night using their online fraud reporting tool or by calling 0300 123 2040.